Jesus commissioned his disciples to go, make, and teachdisciples
(Matthew 28:19-20a). The church’s educational ministry plays anessential
role in its efforts to fulfill the Great Commission, facilitating
thelifelong trans/formation of faith.
During this course, we will explore:
· the importance of educational ministry;
· the ways in which the church carries out thisministry in both formal and informal ways;
· the variety of ways in which people learn and grow;and
· the particularities of engaging in educationalministry with people across the lifespan.
As a result, students will take away both an enrichedtheoretical understanding of the church’s educational ministry as well asenhanced practical skills for teaching and learning within the faith community.
- Teacher: Rhonda Pittman Gingrich